Through our programme of Religious Education, we aim to:
- Give children insights into Christian and other World Faiths & views, so that they can develop their own framework of belief.
- Promote understanding and tolerance of the beliefs and practices of others.
- Develop children’s spiritual and moral understanding of themselves and the world. (Our school definition of spirituality is developing our knowledge of ourselves; others; the world and beauty; God and the Beyond.)
- Teach children to think critically about the truth claims of Christian and other beliefs.
- Help children to recognise how truths of faith are relevant today
- Help children to understand how faith can give hope in a troubled world and can sustain people in difficult situations
- Develop a sense in children of themselves as significant, unique and precious
- Lead children to recognise that the common human quest for justice, peace and love and the common goal of the survival of life on this planet