Science involves children investigating and discovering the world around them. These activities help children gather the experience and confidence needed to understand the world in which they live.
We aim to equip our pupils to be Scientists.
Pupils are encouraged to question and investigate in order to gain a fuller knowledge and understanding of the world. Pupils are encouraged to develop scientific thinking.
Specifically, we encourage pupils to:
- Observe objects, events & processes, and look for patterns.
- Formulate their own ideas and hypotheses and to investigate and experiment to test their ideas.
- Develop positive attitudes of curiosity, creativity, critical reflection, perseverance and open-mindedness.
- Develop a respect for all living things and an awareness of and concern for environmental and social issues.
- Understand the relevance of Science to the real world of technology, business and industry.