We aim to ensure that all pupils:
- develop skillful use of the body in a broad range of physical activities
- develop an understanding of the effects of exercise on the body, and an appreciation of the value of safe exercising.
- lead healthy, active lives
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- develop positive attitudes, observing conventions of fair play within and beyond the school
- are physically active for sustained periods of time
Each class has the opportunity to be an Athlete at least twice per week.
One lesson per week is taken by our sports coach, and the other by the class teacher.
Mr Stokes (Sports Coach) runs a sports-based lunch club, 3 times per week. There is no charge for this activity.
There is a full range of (chargeable) after school sports clubs, 4 afternoons per week. Full details are communicated each term via the school news letter.
We regularly join other schools in the area for inter-school competitions and every half term we run our own inter-house (CAT team) competition.
Please find below our curriculum map (Learning Journey) and Skills Progression, showing the age-related "expected" standard in each aspect of being an Athlete.