We have had a number of visits from the Wiltshire School Improvement Team.
This is what you told them! (Extracts from the Wiltshire Reports below)
If you would like to complete the official OfStEd Parent View Survey, please visit: OFSTED Parent View
Thank you for all your ongoing support
- One parent said the school was ‘fantastic’. She felt well supported and the children are happy at school – they feel safe.
- Another said the school was ‘brilliant’
- One commented on the measures the school had taken saying that your (the Headteacher's) regular presence on the gate was well received, and reassuring.
- Communication and planning throughout the changes caused by the pandemic had been "well organised and thoughtful."
- Also regarding the pandemic, a parent commented that there had been no sense of stress, everything had been managed calmly.
- Parents from KS1 commented on the quality and quantity of work (both in school and remote) – and how engaging teachers had tried to make the work for the younger children.
- One family who have moved schools recently felt that the support they received at AWGS was significantly better than what they were used to.
- Families recently joining the school from Ukraine commented on how welcome they had been made and the lengths that the school had gone to to ensure that the children integrated quickly.
- Parents felt the children and families were really well known to staff, and that nothing was too much trouble for you, the teachers, support staff and your office team.
- One parent, looking for a new home, said it had to be within the catchment, as they couldn’t move away from such a brilliant school
- Where children may have found the experience of school more challenging, the school was able to adapt and support. There was always a response to parent concerns.
- The words that came through regularly were: Brilliant and Amazing!